Rules and Regulations
2355 Campbellsville Pike Rd
Lynnville, TN 38472
1. Levels: Introductory through Grand Prix. Dressage at Circle G is governed by the rules and specifications of the current USEF Rule Book and the current USDF Region Rule Book. Every class offered herein which is covered by the rules and specifications of the current Federation rulebook will be conducted and judged in accordance therewith.
2. USEF Membership Statement: Life, senior active and junior active members shall be eligible to participate in all classes at Regular competitions, Eventing Competitions at the Preliminary Level or above and Combined Driving Competitions at the Advanced Level, Dressage, Reining and Vaulting Competitions and Endurance Rides. A nonmember may participate as a handler, rider, driver, owner, lessee, agent, coach or trainer at Regular Competitions, Eventing Competitions, Dressage Competitions, Reining Competitions and Combined Driving Competitions upon payment of a $35 Show Pass fee. Participants in the following classes are exempted from the Requirements of this rule: 1) leadline; 2) exhibitions; 3) games and races; 4) classes for 4-H members; 5) walk trot and academy classes (academy classes are classes limited to horses used regularly in a lesson program); 6) USDF introductory level tests, pas de deux and quadrille classes; 7) NRHA Endorsed Reining Competitions. 8) Opportunity classes, 9) citizens of other nations who have proof, in English, of current membership in good standing of their own National Federation, 10) USEA beginner novice division; and 11) assistant handlers in Dressage Sport Horse Breeding classes. EC 7/21/08, effective 12/1/08
3. ENTRIES: All entries close two weeks before the show. Correct fees, coggins test, association numbers and membership card verifications must accompany each entry form. Each competitor is responsible for supplying management with correct applicable association numbers (USEF, USDF) for horse, owner, rider and trainer, before the day(s) of the competition. The scores of competitors who fail to supply correct numbers may not be counted toward national awards. Verfication cards can be obtained at http://www.eqverification.org/
4. LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED, if schedule allows, and will be charged a $10 per class late entry fee. Waived 2017 Only
5. SCRATCHES AND CANCELLATIONS: Scratches made prior to the closing date will be refunded. It is the competitor’s responsibility to call (931) 922-3464 and EMAIL before the closing date to be eligible for a refund. There will be positively no refunds after the closing date. After the closing date and at least four days (Tuesday) before the competition, only scratches due to the horses medical reasons and supported with a veterinarians certification will be given a show credit less the non-refundable office processing fee and less a $10 per test rescheduling fee. Scratches within three days (Wednesday or later) of the competition are not eligible for any show credits or refunds. NO REFUND OR CREDITS of entry fees will be given in the event a class or classes, or all or part of the competition is cancelled due to severe weather or other emergency conditions.
6. CHANGES ON ENTRIES OR RIDE TIMES: All changes on the entry form after the closing date will be subject to a change fee of $10 per change requested. Changes requested on ride times after the preliminary schedule is posted will be subject to a change fee of $10 per change requested. All changes will be subject to approval by Show Management.
7. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Every horse and pony entered for competition will comply with the rules of the horse show management, but the horse show management will, in no case, be responsible for any loss or damage that may occur, and it shall be a condition of entry that each exhibitor shall hold the horse show, the officials and employees of the show, the show facility, it’s Directors, and Employees, USEF, it’s Directors and Employees harmless for any loss or accident to his horse, horses or equipment which may occur from accident, sickness, fire or otherwise. Management reserves the right to cancel, combine or divide classes, or to change officials as it deems necessary, decision of Show Management is final. Failure to enter ring by scheduled time may incur elimination. This is the responsibility of the exhibitor. Score sheets will only be given to riders or their authorized representative after results have been posted.
8. CLASS LIST INFORMATION: CLASSES ARE RECOGNIZED BY THE US Equestrian Federation and the USDF. Opportunity classes are unrecognized. Management reserves the right to combine classes.
9. ACCEPTANCE OF ENTRIES: Entries will be accepted by mail, digitally or other means of delivery postmarked or dated. No other criteria will be ACCEPTED. Entries and Payment must be received by closing date whether or not entries have been mailed or electronically submitted.
10. REFUSUAL OF ENTRIES: Entries of persons suspended or expelled from the Federation will be refused. The Management has the right to refuse entries of an exhibitor or participation of any Rider, Owner, Trainer or Coach who has shown objectionable attitude or behavior at a recognized competition towards its management, which management is able to substantiate, or previous unsportsmanlike behavior at a Recognized Competition which management is able to substantiate. The management reserves the right to refuse, accept conditionally, or to cancel any entries, disqualify any riders or exhibitors, prohibit entries and cancel award prizes without claims for damages. Exhibitors are notified that any act of discourtesy or disobedience to the judges, officials, management, show staff, farm staff or other competitors on the part of the owner, manager, rider, or groom shall disqualify the horse, and the owner shall forfeit his entry fee and other fees. Show management reserves to itself the power to prohibit any person from attending or showing a horse in the ring and to remove any groom or horse from the show without being liable for compensation.
11. PRIZES AND AWARDS: Ribbon will be awarded 1st through 6th place for all divisions, Open, Adult Amateur, Junior/Young Rider, FEI and Freestyle. High point ribbons and prizes for each shows top scores will be awarded for Open, Adult Amateur, Junior/Young Rider, and FEI.
12. MINOR EXHIBITORS: Parents or guardians of minor exhibitors shall hold Circle G Guest Ranch and Event Facility, USEF, USDF harmless for injury to such minor. No child’s entry blank shall be accepted unless it is signed by a parent or guardian. The signature of instructors, agents, or other unrelated persons will not be accepted. Junior riders are not allowed to ride stallions in the competition.
13. MANAGEMENT: The management reserves the right to itself interpret all questions and conditions in regard to or rising out of or incident to the show without claims for damages or recourse of any kind. All questions not covered in these rules and regulations shall be decided by the horse show management and its decision will be final.
14. RETURNED CHECKS: All checks returned by the bank for any reason will be charged a penalty ($45.00 minimum). Accounts will be given 10 days to be paid in full with cash or cash equivalent or they will be turned into the USEF for further disciplinary action.
15. STABLING: Stabling is available at a cost of $80.00/weekend (Friday-Sunday), $50/night or $40/day stall. No services are included. Bedding is available for purchase. Please supply your own bedding (if not purchasing onsite) and feed. All stalls are permanent and have wooden or metal doors. The stall sizes throughout the facility are (14x12). No pelleted shavings
16. GROUNDS: Exhibitors may park (car and trailer) only in specified areas. Absolutely all dogs must be on a leash at all times while on show grounds. Table and chair seating is available in the dining room only, bleacher seating at the outdoor competition arena only, we suggest bringing your own chairs for seating at the outdoor competition arena. Indoor observation room is available during the show. Only those horses entered in the show will be permitted in the competition and warm-up areas during the competition.
17. Minors who do not have a valid driver’s license which allows them to operate a motorized vehicle in the state in which they reside will not be permitted to operate a motorized vehicle of any kind including, but not limited to, golf carts, motorcycles, scooters, or farm utility vehicles on the competition grounds of a licensed competition. Minors who have a valid temporary license may operate the above described motorized vehicles as long as they are accompanied by an adult with a valid driver’s license. The parent(s), legal guardian(s), or individual who signs the entry blank as a parent or guardian of a minor operating a motorized vehicle in violation of this rule are solely responsible for any damages, claims, losses or actions resulting from that operation. Violations of this rule will cause for sanctions against the parent(s), guardian(s), and/or trainer(s) who are responsible for the child committing the offense. Penalties may include exclusion of the child, parent(s), guardian(s), and/or trainer(s) from the competition grounds for the remainder of the competition and charges being filed against any of the above individuals in accordance with Chapter 6. Wheelchairs and other mobility assistance devices for individuals with disabilities are exempt from this rule.
18. ARENAS: Beach sand footing is used in the outdoor/indoor arena. Outdoor Arena is 300' x 200', competition arena is 20m x 60m setup in the outdoor arena. Indoor arena used for warm-up is 200' x100'. Longing warm-up has grass footing. Competitors may have access to all arenas Friday before the competition if stabled on show grounds.
19. FREESTYLE MUSIC: Must be provided by competitors. Management is not responsible for poor quality music media. All music must be clearly marked on a CD. Competition uses a intercom system over wireless to play CD's at the competition arena. Sound checks can be performed with management in the competition arena on Friday afternoons. Please bring your music CD to the show office on Friday and setup a time to do a sound check.
20. SCHEDULING: Ride Times will be available online at www.circlegranchevents.com and at Fox Village onlinehttp://www.foxvillage.com/fvdshowresults/(S(jlu25cfpvsxsu255pxkwch45))/Show.aspx . A preliminary schedule of ride times will be posted the weekend before the show. The final schedule will be posted on this site and at Fox Village online by noon on Friday the day before the show.
21. In accordance with the 1989 Federal Waste Tracking Act, which restricts the disposal of medical waste, bio-hazardous medical waste containers will be provided in the stable area. All exhibitors and their agents are responsible for the proper disposal of this waste. Competition management may fine any individual including trainers, owners, exhibitors, or their agents up to $100 for improper disposal of needles or other sharp disposable instruments
22. LODGING: RV hookups are available with water, electric, and Wi-Fi service.
23. USEF fees for 2017 are $16.00 ($8.00 drug fee and $8.00 administrative fee)
24. Opportunity Classes follow USEF rule GR821. They are for entry level riders. Competitors entered in only these classes are exempt from the USEF drug fee but are subject to and must comply with the drugs and medications rules and are subject to drug testing. They are not required to have federation membership numbers for the horse, rider and owner, but are required to supply federation numbers if they have them. Cross entry into recognized classes is allowed. If a competitor is entered in both opportunity classes and recognized classes then all fees and membership requirements apply.
25. NON COMPETING GUEST HORSE ENTRIES are welcome and will be accepted if stabling space is available after all competing entries have been processed. Submit a completed entry form with a $35 non competing fee, $20 office fee and desired stabling, a signed waiver and negative coggins. Competing horses will take preference over guest horses if warm up areas are crowded.